Some of the statistics around the costs of care in the UK are astounding and bring into focus the need for the right advice in terms of both planning for long term care and ensuring that your care requirements are properly assessed by the NHS in the first place.
- The average amount a family spends on care home fees in a nursing home is over £45,000 over the average period of care of 2.2 years.
- The UK average fee for 2018-2019 in a private residential home was £655 per week. For a nursing home, it was £937 per week. [Which?]
- The total number of people assessed for NHS CHC was 39,338 in Q4 2018-19. Of these, 15,252 were via the Standard NHS CHC assessment route and 24,086 were via the Fast Track assessment route. The total number of people assessed as eligible for NHS CHC was 27,684 in Q4 2018- 19. [NHS England]
- We estimate there are well over 100,000 people who are unaware that they should receive NHS Continuing Care Funding (and many more who can reclaim fees already spent since March 2012).
- This means that over £4.8bn of privately paid care home fees are being incorrectly and unfairly paid by individuals who are entitled NHS Continuing Healthcare Funding.
- The NHS has already admitted that people have been wrongly assessed for NHS Continuing Healthcare Funding and have refunded care home costs that should have been funded by local Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs).
- The value of money in ‘contingent liabilities’ in CCG’s accounts rocketed to £660.5m in 2012-13, up from just £55.6m in 2011-12.
- According to the Department of Health’s annual accounts, the CCG’s contingent liabilities are ‘mainly in respect of continuing care liabilities’.
- According to the latest Laing and Buisson survey (2013), there are 431,500 elderly and disabled people in residential care (including nursing), approximately 414,000 of whom are aged 65+. This means that over 95% of care home residents are aged 65 or over.
- The total annual value of the independent sector healthcare market is £39.9 billion, £6.2 billion of which is for home care and £13.4 billion for older people’s residential care (2012/13).
We offer Free Initial Advice.
Speak to one of our specialist CHC nurses before paying other companies large amounts of money.
As market leaders, we pride ourselves on our reputation and high rates of success. We will be able to give you an honest assessment of whether we believe you are eligible for Free NHS funding.
Click the button below for your Free assessment.
1st Floor, 1 Universal Square
Devonshire Street North
Manchester, M12 6JH
1 Universal Square
Devonshire Street North
Tel: 0161 272 5222 / 0800 011 4136
Copyright 2009-2021 Farley Dwek | Farley Dwek is a trading name of Farley Dwek Solicitors Ltd | Farley Dwek Solicitors Ltd registered in England and Wales No. 07409694. | Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA 551810). | Registered with the Information Commissioners Office, Registration number Z9833195.